Bringing Nature Into Focus: For Teachers
June 1, 2021
June update from Nurse Kandy: Sunscreen, Masks, Father’s Day Dad Jokes
Happy Summertime! We are certainly celebrating the sunshine. That is also a reminder for sunscreen. As summer approaches, please remember to apply sunscreen on your child in the morning before dropping them off. Staff will apply a second round of sunscreen in the afternoon. Hats are an additional good sun protection for the face. Wide brimmed hats also protect ears and the back of the neck, common areas for sunburn. If you think your child will wear one and want to send one in with your child, please label it with the child’s full name.
In other health matters, LeafSpring School will continue to comply with all Executive Orders from the Governor’s office related to COVID-19. The latest Executive Order #79 was announced May 15, 2021 with School Specific Requirements that state: “ALL students, teachers, staff and visitors MUST wear a mask over their nose and mouth while indoors (regardless of vaccination status) on ALL school campuses (public and private) for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year due to the fact that the majority of students are not yet vaccinated.”
For LeafSpring School, our school year will continue through the summer until the end of August. We will update our requirements when any new executive orders are released.
Finally, the month of June would be incomplete without recognizing our Dads for Father’s Day. To honor our Dads, I will provide some good Dad Jokes about Dads.
- When does a joke become a “dad joke?” When it becomes apparent.
- What does a baby computer call his father? Data
- What do you call someone who tells dad jokes but isn’t a dad? A faux pa
- I love telling my Dad jokes. Sometimes he even laughs.
- “I’ll call you later.” Don’t call me later, call me Dad.
- If the early bird gets the worm, I’ll sleep in until Dad makes pancakes.
- What did the drummer Dad call his twin daughters? Anna One, Anna Two!
- My son asked me to put his shoes on, but I don’t think they’ll fit me.
- My dad told me a joke about boxing. I guess I missed the punch line.
- A mom gave birth to a boy in her car on the way to the hospital. The Dad named the kid Carson.
- Why do dads feel the need to tell bad jokes? They just want to help you become a groan up.
- What did the buffalo say when his son left? “Bison!”